Welcome to my blog

A blog about miscarrriage, infertility, pregnancy, birth and mothering. My name is Emily and this is the story of my journey in motherhood.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Two Months

I can't believe my little girl is two months old. Okay, really she is two and a half months old! Tomorrow she will be 11 weeks old. Here is what is new:

Our MammaRoo baby swing from Missy's Grandma.




It's pretty fancy. It has five different settings, including a car setting. Missy loves it!! It helps her calm down and she often falls asleep in it. She loves movement and spends a lot of time in her sling, but I needed a break from carrying her all the time. This works perfectly. Thank-you Grandma!

Missy smiling in the bathtub!

Missy hardly cries in the bath anymore. She used to scream and scream in the tub. Now she smiles and it seems that she actually enjoys her baths. We give her a bath almost every night and then she nurses and goes to bed.

Speaking of bed. Missy has been sleeping great!! The last two nights she has slept for about 13 hours. Yesterday I woke up at 9:45 and everyone, including DH was still asleep!! Missy and I had our exercise class at 10:30 so I had to wake her up to get her ready. Last night she went to bed at 8:00 and woke up at 9:45 today. She isn't sleeping straight. She wakes up about every 2 - 6 hours to nurse, but falls back to sleep right away. I am loving it!!! I try to go to bed early around 9 or 10 so I can get a lot of sleep too. Its great!!

Missy is starting to get a bit of a personality. She is pretty easy going. Lots of smiles. Loves to eat her blanket. Likes to go for walks. Gets fussy when she is over tired, so I am trying to watch for her sleepy signs so I can put her for a nap before she gets over tired.


I take Missy for her two month shots today. Not looking forward to it. I read this book:
and feel pretty good about getting Missy vaccinated. My naturopath gave me some cream for the injection site and some homeopathics that will help her body absorb the good stuff of the vaccine and get rid of the chemicals. So that makes me feel a bit better about it. Plus I plan on nursing her lots after. Wish me luck!!


I am loving being a Mom. Some times it gets a little crazy, like today, when Missy was in her sling and peed through her clothes and the sling. I went to change her. She spit up all over her self. I cleaned her hair. I went to change her diaper. It was very poopy! Some times every thing that can go wrong happens all at once! But I still love it.

There are moments when it could be easy to complain, the other night when we woke up at 4 in the morning and was fussing and would not go to sleep, or when she cries and cries and I can't settle her down, or when I feel like all I do is sing silly songs and clean my house, but then I remember those dark nights when I wanted a baby so bad it hurt. I remember lying in an clinic, getting tests done and just wishing for a baby. I remember the ache and I smile and I feel gratitude for this moment. For this season. And all the sudden the lack of sleep and sanity feels like a blessing. So I hold my little girl a little longer and let her snuggle in my bed in the morning and just feel love and gratitude.



My name is Emily and this is my wonderful journey in motherhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment