This is the part of the cycle I struggle the most with, past ovulation, just waiting for my period or a pregnancy test, just waiting. No, NOT JUST WAITING, living and waiting. Or maybe just living in suspense. Or maybe.... living and trying to keep busy so I don’t go crazy.
But already I am playing mind games. Thinking everything is a sign of pregnancy, the odd smells I smelled at work today, the two naps I took, my wild dreams the past two nights and the fact I get dizzy when going from sitting to standing. Three of the four pregnancies were conceived the first month we tried, so it’s not impossible. I am going to have to wait about another week to test. (But I did just order 30 pregnancy tests for cheap from https://www.saveontests.com so I don’t bankrupt us with all these tests).
In the meantime I am finding joy in the journey.
Things I am grateful for:
1) My new job in the hospital system (my DREAM job)
2) These really yummy strawberries I got on sale this week that I have been eating with everything
3) The book that I am listing to on the way to work, The Rhythm of Life: Living Every Day with Passion and Purpose by Mathew Kelly, Super motivating.
4) A stress-free, easy going week at work, including an inspirational music therapy session today, followed by a relaxing expressive arts group.
5) Sunshine and warm weather
6) The DVD series “Life”
7) The ZUMBA Pool party class I am taking (Really, how can you not have fun in a pool with a bunch of woman attempting to salsa dance?)
8) A testimony of Jesus Christ
9) A best friend to vent to
10) The possibility of going to New York this summer with one of my best friends