Welcome to my blog

A blog about miscarrriage, infertility, pregnancy, birth and mothering. My name is Emily and this is the story of my journey in motherhood.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ready for Anything

This past weekend we went to see my sister and her husband and their new place. It was a wonderful opportunity to get away from a busy week and relax with some of my favourite people. We went to the temple, the science center, ate lots of good food, watched movies, played games and ate Bertty Bots Every Flavour Beans from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando. (Sorry M. for feeding you the vomit one!).

We also went to my favourite store, Mountain Equipment Co-Op (MEC)(http://www.mec.ca/Main/home.jsp)


And I think I am in love... with my new Gregory day pack.

It has a lots of pockets, padding and comes in a cute blue color that will match my pink rain jacket. It wasn’t until I was back at my sister’s house, walking around with my pack on, talking about all the places and things I was going to do with my new pack, such as hike Kilimanjaro, go on some sweet bike rides and hike some local trails, that I realized, "Hey wait a second, I am trying to get pregnant, why did I just buy a pack for a bunch of stuff I might never do? What if I get pregnant right away (which 3 out of 4 times I have), and don’t get a chance to do any of those things and just spent a big chunk of my Christmas money on a backpack I’ll never use". Then I figured, “Oh well, I can use it for a diaper bag if need be”. Whatever I end up using my back for, I love it, and can tell already that I will go on great adventures with it! And already have. I took it skiing on Monday.

This little scenario really captures me right now. Stuck between two possibilities, no not stuck. Living. Living with two dreams. One of having a baby. The other of traveling the world, going on great adventures and growing in my career. Whatever happens, I have a sweet backpack to do it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment