Welcome to my blog

A blog about miscarrriage, infertility, pregnancy, birth and mothering. My name is Emily and this is the story of my journey in motherhood.

Monday, January 31, 2011

HSG = Done

Went for my HSG today. (See http://www.ivf.com/hsg.html for more information about this test). Basically it was a an ultrasound to make sure my uterus and ovaries are okay. Apparently I have beautiful ovaries. Who knew? The test went fine. I was a little worried as you can get cramps, but it went quickly and only the part when they put in the catheter was painful (and that only lasted a few seconds). No cramps.

Another test done and all clear.

Found out today that I am not immune to rubella. Which means I need to go in for another shot. After I get the shot we have to wait 30 days before becoming pregnant. Great! Another delay. But our follow-up appointment is right about then, so we are waiting anyways. I'm thinking I will be ovulating around then, so hope that I ovulate AFTER the 30 days, and not right before. Oh the joys of trying to get pregnant.

There isn't much I can do to speed things along at this point. So I'm just getting through the tests and focusing on the positive in my life right now (like the fact that I have beautiful ovaries and an amazing husband).

My name is Emily and this is my journey in motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment